It is apparent that every user of computer will have their own important data, and in order to protect the data they employ several methods and spend money on it. But when you are lending your computer to anybody then just formatting or deleting the data isn’t enough. This is because when any data from your computer is formatted or deleted then it does not instantly get removed from your hard drive, but remains on the drive for some time until it is overwritten by new data. And when you perform delete operation only the pointer referring to the deleted files gets removed from your computer. Thus by using any reliable data recovery tools there are probabilities of getting back the deleted data. So when you provide access to your computer to any unknown user then there are possibilities that the intruder may try to recover the data hidden in your computer.
What is the need of wiping data?
When you wipe data from your hard disk then possibility of recovering data becomes impossible. As storing data becomes important in the same way removing is also important. Therefore to wipe data there are many applications which are available, so making use of best tool which can securely remove each and every data efficiently is very much essential. However wiping data becomes very vital for users who are have confidential data within their computer. Moreover users who work in multi-users environment can opt for wiping in order to save personal info from other users.
Destructing data permanently can be accomplished by any tool but the shredding pattern employed may vary accordingly. Therefore make use of either Remo Drive Wipe or Remo File Eraser tool, which can efficiently accomplish the task of wiping files. Moreover the programs make use of advanced shredding patterns which are used in defense organization. Some of the standard shredding patterns are; Fast Zero Overwrite, Random Overwrite, US Department of Defense (DOD 5220.22 – M), US Navy, NAVSO P- 5239-26 – RLL, North Atlantic Treaty Organization – NATO standard, German : VSITR, DOD standard 5220.28 STD, Peter Gutmann Secure Deletion, US Department of Defense (DOD 5220.22 – M) + Gutmann Method. The major difference between Remo Drive Wipe and Remo File Eraser tool is that using Remo Drive Wipe you can wipe data of whole hard drive but Remo File Eraser include the functionality of Remo Drive Wipe and also allows you to individually select files for wiping.
Note: Before performing wipe operation make sure you have backup of all important data and also ensure that the data which you are wiping is not required anymore.
What are the situations where you can perform wipe operation?
- Before disposing your computer ensure you wipe all the data
- Earlier to selling the computer wipe all the essential data
- If you have deleted any confidential data in your computer and you do not want that data to be available to others then wipe your hard drive so as to make it impossible to retrieve
When you wipe the data using a tool then it will overwrite the data using the standard shredding pattern available in application. Thus this process is repeated several times due to which the process of recovery becomes impossible.
Feature of Remo Software to wipe data
- Can be installed on most of the operating system of windows such as Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008
- Compatible with file system such as FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5
- Utilize for wiping storage devices such as hard drive, memory cards, flash drives etc.
- Using Remo File Eraser software you can wipe individual files / folder, recycle bin, free space in hard drive, entire drive or partition
- Consumes very less amount of space when you install this program in your computer
- Highly secure and easy to handle which will ensure that there is no damage to other data stored on computer
- The tool is free from virus infection and moreover the program is digitally signed
- If you feel any inconvenience while using the tool then you can feel free to take help from technical support professionals who can assist you at any time round the clock
- The tool allows you to drag and drop the file which you need to erase permanently
- Provides you with shredding levels (such as medium and high) which can be used depending on the importance of data
Wiping data is one of the several methods of protecting data from miscreants, however what if you are not disposing your PC. Thus in that situations you can follow some of the measures which can help you protect data from miscreants.
- Encrypt your essential data by making use of reliable tools which uses standard algorithms for encryption
- Ensure that your computer firewall is ON so that your computer in not under scrutiny of hackers
- Make use of good anti-virus program which can effectively defend harmful viruses, malwares, spywares etc.
- Secure your computer using strong passwords so that no other users log into your computer to scramble important data
- Do not install programs which are downloaded from untrustworthy websites
- Update your operating system whenever there is availability of updates